Dianne Cubbins, Senior Manager
Dianne is an experienced Investigator and Human Resource practitioner with over sixteen years’ experience providing high level advice, coaching and assistance across the full range of the employee life cycle within large corporate and highly regulated operations including aviation, not for profit, and government organisations.
Dianne joined our team as the Senior Manager Investigations. With Dianne’s expertise and experience, her combined practical knowledge of contemporary workplace investigation principles and laws, particularly those related to procedural fairness, combined with the ability to investigate workplace matters efficiently, expeditiously and fairly.
To summarise Dianne’s skills over many years of experience, she has exceptional knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Investigation Skills: Professional investigator, experienced in planning investigations, gathering and analysing evidence, applying rules of procedural fairness, applying the Briginshaw principle, interviewing witnesses and respondents, preparing statements, report writing, workplace policy and legislation and making evidence based findings and recommendations.
- Mediator Skills: Competent in the twelve-step mediation process to assist parties in resolving conflict through supported collaborative negotiation and effective communication.
- Client Communication: Adept at providing timely and efficient client communication.
- Stakeholder Management: Experienced in developing and maintaining trusting and effective relationships across all stakeholder groups.
- Communication Skills: Proven communication skills across written, verbal and reporting utilised in effectively providing solutions, advising directions, establishing trust and building strong relationships.
- Learning & Development: Experience in designing and implementing learning and development initiatives, program and projects including facilitation of internal training to meet strategic and operational needs of an organisation and the monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of projects and initiatives.
- Case Management: Formal qualifications and demonstrated experience negotiating and resolving employee relations matters, grievances, disciplinary processes and performance issues in collaboration with line managers.
- Facilitation experience: Experienced in providing communication, education and team development through workshops and presentations
Storm Carnie, HR Consultant and Senior Investigator
Storm is highly motivated and experienced in human resource management and investigations, offering a high quality of specialist skills with experience across multiple organisations and industries.
Some of the core responsibilities in her role as a senior HR advisor and internal investigations specialist are:
- Responsible for conducting performance management, injury/illness case management, attendance management, Code of Conduct Investigations, formal counselling, and coaching managers on people management issues.
- Additional duties included providing workplace facilitation on Work Performance System, Leading Performance, Wellness in the Workplace, Behaviour in the Workplace, and Values; interpretation, application and advice provision across four agreements, and common law contracts as well as policies, processes and procedures in line with legislation and the Airservices Values.
- Provide expert advice and support to management and staff on a range of complex human resources functions.
- Responsible for the timely and successful completion of human resources related project outcomes, including supporting the transition of employees to new systems and processes
Frank Bryne, Senior Investigator
Frank Byrne is a Senior Consultant providing specialised investigative and analytical consulting services at Stopline.
During his 36 year career with Victoria Police he led the Fraud Squad, was Deputy Director of the National Police Research Unit based in Adelaide, and developed integrated, agency–wide crime prevention strategies as project leader within the Chief Commissioner’s Office. Such projects included VicSafe and Police Community Consultative Committees.
As a Detective Superintendent and Regional Crime Commander, Frank led task forces and special operations to combat major crime activities through preventative and detection strategies. His highly developed management expertise at senior levels has resulted in his proven ability to lead and manage cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams of police and civilians working in challenging conditions.
Frank’s specialisation in the investigation of major fraud led to his appointment as chair of the Bank’s Frauds and Forgeries Committee and later as Detective Inspector managing 80 detectives investigating major fraud across Victoria. As a Detective Superintendent and Crime Commander in charge of a major geographic region of the state, Frank led the investigation into all major crimes in the region.
As such, his roles and responsibilities were many and varied, including the leadership role responsible for major crime investigations; inter agency evaluations, risk assessments and risk management strategies within Victoria Police and AusAid projects in the South Pacific region.
As a Stopline operative Frank has conducted numerous reviews/investigations involving bullying, harassment, assaults, theft and deception offences, allegations of fraud and other workplace misconduct.
Simon has over 25 years’ experience in Senior Human Resources and commercial roles. His experience spans international across many prominent and high-profile businesses.
Simon is strategically focused to ensure the business needs are managed and exceeded. With significant executive team exposure Simon is well versed dealing with the needs and requirements of private and public companies. Most recently, Simon was the Group Manager Human Resources for Airservices Australia. His role at Airservices Australia involved the managed of People and Culture within the business for over 4,500 employees.
Simon’s other experience includes those in operations, corporate services, sales and marketing, customer service, information technology, finance and logistics.
Simon’s current position involves advising businesses in HR and employment strategies, culture and change management and workplace investigations. With his experience across a myriad of industries, Simon is a valuable member of the Stopline team for serious misconduct matters through to fraud and corruption investigations.
Alex Smith, Senior Consultant and Forensic Accountant
Alex is a Chartered Accountant and former Director of Finance & Corporate Services for a Victorian Public Health Service. I have worked extensively in Internal Audit, Financial and management accounting in the Public Sector over the past 10 years.
I have been involved in engagements where I conducted financial management reviews of several schools, assisted with fraud investigations. I am also a taxation accountant for individuals and businesses offering taxation and general accounting advice as well as taxation returns for my clients.
Most recently Simon has worked as a Senior accountant at a small to medium sized business Accounting & Audit Solutions in Bendigo and was a Director of Finance & Corporate Services at Maryborough District Health Service.
As a Director of finance and corporate services I was responsible for the management of finance and supply departments, providing up to date financial information and analysis for executive team members and the board of management for their decision making at the board meetings, management of staff and developed financial management improvement plans for the business.
As a senior accountant, Simone was responsible for end of financial year statements for our clients, liaised with internal and external auditors. Prepared management reports to the board of management and provide results commentary, overseeing the implementation for new financial programs and providing necessary system training and designed and implemented KPI reporting packages for multiple health organisations